IUI Specialist Near Me, Laguna Hills, Orange County CA
Intrauterine insemination is an effective technique in advanced fertility treatment that is used in the development of pregnancy and natural egg fertilizer. Banafsheh Kashani, MD is dedicated to offering intrauterine insemination and other fertility treatments in Laguna Hills, Orange County, California.
What Makes Up The Intrauterine Insemination Process?
The IUI or Intrauterine insemination is a simple process. The cleaned semen is transferred into the uterus via a thin catheter. This process is done during the ovulation season to maximize the potential of conception.
Reasons for Intrauterine Insemination
The IUI process is applied in several fertility treatment practices, but some of the reasons why specialists prescribe this treatment include:
- Endometriosis-related infertility
- Semen allergy
- Ovulatory factor infertility
- Severe cervical mucus coupled with other kinds of cervical factor infertility
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Mild male factor infertility
- The use of a sperm donor
- Cases of unexplained infertility
When Is It Not Advisable To Perform IUI?
There are some instances where we don’t recommend intrauterine insemination. We ensure that we don’t execute the treatment procedure for those with severe endometriosis, previous pelvic infection, and blocked fallopian tube.
What to Expect
The IUI starts with the collection and washing of semen. However, the main procedure involves:
- A catheter (a flexible, thin, and long tube) is attached to a vial which contains the concentrated and washed sperm
- The cervical opening acts as a passage for the insertion of the catheter into the woman’s vagina, thereby linking it to the uterus
- The woman’s uterus will receive the sperm based on the previous procedure
- The catheter is detached, in addition to the speculum
Contact an IVF and Fertility Specialist Today
Although intrauterine insemination is a simple process, ensure that you don’t fall into the wrong hand. This treatment needs to be performed by reputable fertility and IVF professionals. Visit our treatment facility at Orange County, CA, to meet with an experienced fertility and IVF specialist. Our experienced team at Banafsheh Kashani, MD, will be happy to discuss your needs and offer the best services tailored to your requirements.